A focus on wellness
At Twining Village, rehabilitation services represent an important part of our focus on wellness. Twining Village offers physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech/language therapy. Our staff of experienced rehabilitation therapists will assess and create individualized therapeutic programs to help clients achieve their goals and maximize their independence.
The rehabilitation services staff at Twining Village has experience with a variety of diagnoses such as arthritis, pain control, post-CVA, post-surgery, post-illness, fractures, neurological disorders, fall history, gait dysfunction, balance deficits, and memory-related illnesses.
Our program offers:
- Inpatient and outpatient occupational, physical, and speech/language therapy
- Home safety assessments
- State-of-the-art therapeutic approaches to treatment
- Wellness opportunities, such as lectures and screenings
- A student internship site for several colleges and universities
- On-staff physiatrist, a medical doctor or doctor of osteopathy who specializes in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Physiatrists diagnose and treat both acute and chronic pain and specialize in a wide variety of conservative treatments for the musculoskeletal system.
- Consultant Orthotic, Prosthetic, and Durable Medical Equipment (DME) services, including custom braces, diabetic shoes, post-mastectomy accessories, walkers, power mobility equipment, and household safety equipment
- More than 125 years of combined staff experience
For more specific information, please contact Kevin Cawley, rehab coordinator, at (215) 396-7136.
And for your convenience and information, please review our overall Diakon Rehabilitation Services Web site.