Diakon Senior Living – Hagerstown (Maryland)
Family members should use this page to ...
1) Schedule a time to visit with a loved one in the nursing care center on the Ravenwood Campus
2) Review your responsibilities when making a visit
3) Acknowledge your agreement with the policies and procedures governing the visit
Oct. 8 UPDATE ...
Because of prior single cases at each of the two locations, family visitation in the Assisted Living Community on the Robinwood campus and in the nursing care center on the Ravenwood campus is currently suspended. However, if no additional positive cases are found as a result of our regular testing schedule, family visitation in both communities will resume Monday, Oct. 19. Visitation has remained open in the assisted living community on the Ravenwood campus. Family-visitation appointments can be scheduled by using the link or email address at the bottom of this page.
Before you schedule your visit, please review the following important information. You will be required to acknowledge your agreement with our visitation policy on a form provided below.
Please note as well that visitation availability or schedules are subject to change at any time, based on changes in COVID-19 guidance from the Maryland Department of Health. View our state-approved campus-wide visitation plan.
COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, which has caused a worldwide pandemic. People infected with the virus, which is spread via droplet through the air by coughing or sneezing, through close personal contact or by touching an object or surface with the virus on it, can be asymptomatic or have mild to severe illness. Older people and those with underlying health conditions such as heart or lung disease or diabetes appear to be a higher risk of developing serious complications; some die as a result.
Here are important guidelines for family members or other visitors. If you refuse to adhere to these guidelines, your visit may be shortened or canceled.
- Do not visit if you are sick or exhibiting symptoms of an illness.
- Follow the guidelines set forth including seating arrangements and screening process.
- Sanitize/wash your hands at the beginning and end of your visit as well as during the visit if they become soiled or contaminated.
- Wear a mask during the entire visit; your mask must cover your nose and mouth. Please bring mask(s) to your visit.
- Residents must also wear masks.
- Maintain at least six feet physical-distancing.
- Do not hold hands, kiss, hug or allow any other physical contact with your loved one; at this time, the risk is too high.
- Cover any coughs and sneezes. Use tissues and discard in the trash, then wash hands immediately after use.
- Do not walk through any part of the health care center; visitors must remain in designated visitation areas.
- Do not bring pets to the visit unless they are designated as a therapy pet and appropriate documentation is provided.
- Directly supervise any youth visitor.
- Please allow staff members time to properly disinfect contact surfaces to avoid cross-contamination.
- Please note that
- Important: Download the visitation form provided below, then print, sign and bring it to your visitation appointment.
When you arrive on campus please follow the directions below...
- Ravenwood Nursing Care: Enter the nursing care center’s main vestibule and wait there. A staff member will meet you.
- Robinwood Assisted Living: Enter through the main entrance. After entering wait in the vestibule for a staff member to meet you or use the red phone which will automatically ring the nursing staff.
- Be sure to bring masks and any other personal protective equipment with you.
If you are visiting someone at Ravenwood Assisted Living, please contact the receptionist at 240) 420-4220 to reserve your time to visit.
- Ravenwood Nursing Care:
- Visits will occur Monday thru Friday between 9:30 and 11:30 a.m. and between 1:30 and 3:30 p.m.
- Starting 10/20, visits will occur indoors Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Saturdays between 9:30 and 11:30 a.m.
- Ravenwood Assisted Living:
- Call the receptionist for visitation availability.
- Robinwood Assisted Living:
- Starting 10/19, visits will occur indoors Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- No visits are allowed with residents "under observation".
- Each visit is limited to two people per resident; each visitor must wear a mask.
- One additional caution: If, after a visit with your loved one, you experience COVID-19-related symptoms or test positive, please let us know immediately so that we can appropriately monitor and care for your loved one.
If for some reason you are unable to schedule a visit using this page, please contact Sharon Grasso at (240) 420-4250 for nursing care or the receptionist at (240) 420-4100 for Robinwood Assisted Living.
- To schedule your visit, click the button below. Please note that the online calendar system may not work with Internet Explorer. If you are using that browser, copy the link you see in the browser the button opens and paste into another browser, such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
- Important: Please print this form, sign it and bring it to your visit. Please give it to our staff member.