If you are eligible, you may be able to enjoy the amenities of Frostburg Heights. Contact us today to learn more.
- Frostburg Heights is a “fair-market housing facility,” providing equality opportunity for all applicants.
- Older adults must be 62 years of age or older.
- Physically challenged individuals must be 18 years of age or older.
- Current maximum income limits are as follows:
Single: $ 42,500
Couple: $ 48,500
As a federal Housing and Urban Development Section 8 rental-subsidy community, Frostburg Heights is able to offer income-qualified persons rental fees that are approximately 30 percent of their adjusted income. Income recertification occurs annually.
To apply for residency, you will need to provide income and asset information for each member of the household. For our purposes, income is defined as the following:
- Wages, salaries, tips, commissions, bonuses, and other income from employment
- Social Security, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Veterans’ pensions, military retirement, and income from all other pensions and annuities
- Interest earned from assets such as saving accounts, certificates of deposit, and checking accounts
- Other income such as alimony, child support, unemployment benefits, and general public assistance
- Imputed interest income from real estate
- Imputed income from real estate and monetary gifts given within the last two years.
Additional information will be needed to complete the residency application, including a copy of your Social Security card.
Choice congregate housing services program . . .
In cooperation with the Maryland Department of Aging, the Choice congregate housing services program promotes independence, yet provides daily meals and housekeeping and personal care on a weekly basis.
For additional information, including unit availability, please contact Rebecca Brown-McCusker, Frostburg Heights director, at (301) 689-2268.