You Could Be the Reason They Succeed!
Now that I know better, I do better – Maya Angelou
One day on her way to school, Stephanie accepted a car ride from a friend. She did not know the car was stolen. It was a decision that changed her life forever… but not irrevocably.
Kayla, a teen mother of four, lost custody of her children because of her drug addiction. Desperate to have her children back and to live a life of sobriety, Kayla began a daunting, yet supported, journey toward her family’s reunification.
Diakon’s Second Chance Fund
Diakon’s Second Chance Fund helps at-risk youths overcome their past and turn their lives around through the hope you offer. Additionally, through family reunification services, we help children and youths in foster care or other placement reunite with their birth families.
Now more than ever, we need your help to sustain our Second Chance programs. The COVID-19 pandemic has placed an added burden on these youths and their families.
Diakon continues to meet the needs of people of all ages, particularly our most vulnerable. However, the pandemic has presented us with new challenges: travel required to children’s homes, increased digital and technological support for educational and emotional needs and more families in need of meals.
Please help these youths and their families continue on the path to success!
In fact, these programs generate motivation to succeed. Youths must make progress toward personal goals to gain the aid you provide—so you know your support will make a meaningful difference.
Your donation offers hope through:
- Technology and internet access to provide children and youths with the ability to maintain their education and continue necessary counseling
- Initial apartment deposit for families whose job loss has caused a loss of home
- Professional attire for job interviews for youths working toward financial stability
- Meals and groceries for families via gift cards to replace missed meals typically provided through schools
- Virtual counseling sessions
- Court-related financial obligations for those youths who are working through a poor decision and need to make restitution
Because of your generous support, the Diakon Second Chance Fund will help children, youths and families continue to move forward while maintaining their dignity and self-respect.
I Believe In Second Chances