The Lutheran Home at Topton, Pennsylvania
Family members should use this page to ...
1) Schedule a time to visit with a loved one in the nursing care center at The Lutheran Home at Topton
2) Review your responsibilities when making a visit
3) Acknowledge your agreement with the policies and procedures governing the visit
Before you schedule your visit, please review the following important information. You will be required to acknowledge your agreement with our visitation policy on a form provided below.
Please note as well that visitation availability or schedules are subject to change at any time, based on changes in COVID-19 guidance from the Pennsylvania Department of Health. Our state-required policies are found immediately below:
COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, which has caused a worldwide pandemic. People infected with the virus, which is spread via droplet through the air by coughing or sneezing, through close personal contact or by touching an object or surface with the virus on it, can be asymptomatic or have mild to severe illness. Older people and those with underlying health conditions such as heart or lung disease or diabetes appear to be a higher risk of developing serious complications; some die as a result.
Here are important guidelines for family members or other visitors. If you refuse to adhere to these guidelines, your visit may be shortened or canceled.
- Do not visit if you are sick or exhibiting symptoms of an illness.
- Follow the guidelines set forth including seating arrangements and screening process.
- Sanitize/wash your hands at the beginning and end of your visit as well as during the visit if they become soiled or contaminated.
- Wear a mask during the entire visit; your mask must cover your nose and mouth. Please bring mask(s) to your visit.
- Residents must also wear masks.
- Maintain at least six feet physical-distancing.
- Do not hold hands, kiss, hug or allow any other physical contact with your loved one; at this time, the risk is too high.
- Cover any coughs and sneezes. Use tissues and discard in the trash, then wash hands immediately after use.
- Do not walk through any part of the health care center; visitors must remain in designated visitation areas.
- Do not bring pets to the visit unless they are designated as a therapy pet and appropriate documentation is provided.
- Directly supervise any youth visitor (see linked reopening plan for information on ages).
- Please allow staff members time to properly disinfect contact surfaces to avoid cross-contamination.
- Important: Download the visitation form provided below, then print, sign and bring it to your visitation appointment.
When you arrive on The Lutheran Home at Topton campus...
- Nursing Care Center Visitors: Enter the Health Care Center via the D-Wing Reception entrance.
- Personal Care (Buehrle Center) Visitors: Enter at the Buehrle Center entrance.
- Personal Care (Memory Care - D1) Visitors: Enter at Personal Care patio entrance.
- Be sure to bring masks and any other personal protective equipment with you.
- Visits will occur on the following days and times...
- Nursing Care Center:
- Five resident visits can occur simultaneously.
- A Wing: Mondays at 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- C Wing: Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- D2 Wing: Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- D3 Wing: Thursdays at 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Starting Sept. 27, there will be limited Nursing Care Center Sunday hours available on a case-by-case basis for family members who live out of state or are unable to schedule weekdays because of work obligations. Please contact Colleen Kristula at (610) 682-1334 to discuss.
- Personal Care (Buehrle Center):
- Four resident visits can occur simultaneously.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10 a.m., 11 a.m. 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Personal Care (Memory Care - D1)
- Tuesday thru Saturday at 1 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Fridays are reserved for hospice family visits; to schedule a visit, please contact the hospice that serves your loved one.
- Nursing Care Center:
- Again, please note that you must wear a mask during the visit, maintain physical-distancing guidelines and not touch or hug the person you are visiting.
- Each visit is limited to two people per resident; each visitor must wear a mask.
- One additional caution: If, after a visit with your loved one, you experience COVID-19-related symptoms or test positive, please let us know immediately so that we can appropriately monitor and care for your loved one.
- The safety of your loved one is our primary concern; failure to follow physical distancing guidelines may limit your ability to visit.
If for some reason you are unable to schedule a visit using this page, please contact Colleen Kristula at (610) 682-1334 for health center inquiries and Sarah Connely at (610) 682-1425 for personal care Inquiries.
- To schedule your visit, click the button below. Please note that the online calendar system may not work with Internet Explorer. If you are using that browser, copy the link you see in the browser the button opens and paste into another browser, such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
- Important: Please print this form, sign it and bring it to your visit. Please give it to our staff member.
- Also: Families of residents on hospice care should not use the button below to schedule a visit. Please contact your hospice agency to schedule your visit. Thank you.