Manatawny Manor, Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Updated July 23: We tested all of our personal care residents and staff yesterday and we have no new cases, all tests came back negative. We will go back to monthly testing based on the guidelines.
The personal resident who tested positive earlier is done with isolation and doing well. Our Horizons unit will resume visitation today.
Monthly testing as required was conducted in our skilled nursing care center on July 21. We received no notification of any positive cases.
In-person family visitation is open for our skilled nursing residents and we are following these guidelines to allow a better experience for residents and family members.
Please use the form at the bottom of this page to reserve times. Please note that there are more visitation slots available than can be hosted by our reservation system. Please call us at the number below if you need assistance.
Family members should use this page to ...
1) Schedule a time to visit with a loved one in the nursing care center at Manatawny Manor
2) Review your responsibilities when making a visit
3) Acknowledge your agreement with the policies and procedures governing the visit
Whenever visits are allowed, please review the following important information before you schedule your visit. You will be required to acknowledge your agreement with our visitation policy on a form provided below.
Please note as well that visitation availability or schedules are subject to change at any time, based on changes in COVID-19 guidance from the Pennsylvania Department of Health. Our state-required policies are found immediately below; please note that these policies were completed last year as a requirement from the government to schedule the first visits during the pandemic. The information relates to overall visitation policies and processes, with actual visitations available only as current conditions allow and in alignment with CDC and state protocol.
COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, which has caused a worldwide pandemic. People infected with the virus, which is spread via droplet through the air by coughing or sneezing, through close personal contact or by touching an object or surface with the virus on it, can be asymptomatic or have mild to severe illness. Older people and those with underlying health conditions such as heart or lung disease or diabetes appear to be a higher risk of developing serious complications; some die as a result.
Here are important guidelines for family members or other visitors. If you refuse to adhere to these guidelines, your visit may be shortened or canceled.
- Do not visit if you are sick or exhibiting symptoms of an illness.
- Follow the guidelines set forth including seating arrangements and screening process.
- Sanitize/wash your hands at the beginning and end of your visit as well as during the visit if they become soiled or contaminated.
- Please continue to observe all proper infection-control precautions.
- Cover any coughs and sneezes. Use tissues and discard in the trash, then wash hands immediately after use.
- Do not walk through any part of the health care center; visitors must remain in designated visitation areas.
- Do not bring pets to the visit unless they are designated as a therapy pet and appropriate documentation is provided.
- Directly supervise any youth visitor (see linked reopening plan for information on ages).
- Please allow staff members time to properly disinfect contact surfaces to avoid cross-contamination.
- Important: Download the visitation form provided below, then print, sign and bring it to your visitation appointment.
Manatawny Manor will be vigilant in the protection of all of our residents during the visitation program. The daily surveillance of residents and staff will continue. If a new case of COVID-19 is discovered, we will take the precaution of suspending the visitation program for 14 days from the date of the latest new case. We ask for your understanding of this measure to protect our residents.
When you arrive at the Manatawny Manor campus, please park at the nursing care center visitor parking lot.
- Enter the nursing care center’s main vestibule and wait there. A staff member will meet you.
- Be sure to bring masks and any other personal protective equipment with you.
- You can visit with your loved one in our designated areas.
- Visits will occur Saturday and Sunday between 10 a.m. and noon and 1:30 and 5 p.m. and Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and noon, 1:30 and 5 p.m. and 6 and 7:30 p.m.
- Each visit is limited to two people per resident; each visitor must wear a mask.
- At the end of the visit a staff member will approach your seating area to alert you to the end of the session.
- One additional caution: If, after a visit with your loved one, you experience COVID-19-related symptoms or test positive, please let us know immediately so that we can appropriately monitor and care for your loved one.
- The safety of your loved one is our primary concern; failure to follow physical distancing guidelines may limit your ability to visit.
- To schedule your visit, click the button below. Please note that the online calendar system may not work with Internet Explorer. If you are using that browser, copy the link you see in the browser the button opens and paste into another browser, such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
- Important: Please print this form, sign it and bring it to your visit. Please give it to our staff member.