Manatawny Manor, Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Family members should use this page to ...
1) Schedule a time to visit with a loved one in the nursing care center at Manatawny Manor
2) Review your responsibilities when making a visit
3) Acknowledge your agreement with the policies and procedures governing the visit
Before you schedule your visit, please review the following important information. You will be required to acknowledge your agreement with our visitation policy on a form provided below.
Please note as well that visitation availability or schedules are subject to change at any time, based on changes in COVID-19 guidance from the Pennsylvania Department of Health. Our state-required policies are found immediately below:
COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, which has caused a worldwide pandemic. People infected with the virus, which is spread via droplet through the air by coughing or sneezing, through close personal contact or by touching an object or surface with the virus on it, can be asymptomatic or have mild to severe illness. Older people and those with underlying health conditions such as heart or lung disease or diabetes appear to be a higher risk of developing serious complications; some die as a result.
Here are important guidelines for family members or other visitors. If you refuse to adhere to these guidelines, your visit may be shortened or canceled.
- Do not visit if you are sick or exhibiting symptoms of an illness.
- Follow the guidelines set forth including seating arrangements and screening process.
- Sanitize/wash your hands at the beginning and end of your visit as well as during the visit if they become soiled or contaminated.
- Wear a mask during the entire visit; your mask must cover your nose and mouth. Please bring mask(s) to your visit.
- Residents must also wear masks.
- Maintain at least six feet physical-distancing.
- Do not hold hands, kiss, hug or allow any other physical contact with your loved one; at this time, the risk is too high.
- Cover any coughs and sneezes. Use tissues and discard in the trash, then wash hands immediately after use.
- Do not walk through any part of the health care center; visitors must remain in designated visitation areas.
- Do not bring pets to the visit unless they are designated as a therapy pet and appropriate documentation is provided.
- Directly supervise any youth visitor (see linked reopening plan for information on ages).
- Please allow staff members time to properly disinfect contact surfaces to avoid cross-contamination.
- Important: Download the visitation form provided below, then print, sign and bring it to your visitation appointment.
Manatawny Manor will be vigilant in the protection of all of our residents during the visitation program. The daily surveillance of residents and staff will continue. If a new case of COVID-19 is discovered, we will take the precaution of suspending the visitation program for 14 days from the date of the latest new case. We ask for your understanding of this measure to protect our residents.
When you arrive at the Manatawny Manor campus, please park at the nursing care center visitor parking lot.
- Enter the nursing care center’s main vestibule and wait there. A staff member will meet you.
- Be sure to bring masks and any other personal protective equipment with you.
- You can visit with your loved one in one of three areas, two outside patios are available and one indoor area, If inclement weather closes the patios alternate indoor areas will be available.
- Visits will occur between 9 and 11:30 a.m., 2 and 3:45 p.m. and 6:15 and 7 p.m. Again, please note that you must wear a mask during the visit, maintain physical-distancing guidelines and not touch or hug the person you are visiting.
- Three resident visits can occur simultaneously.
- Each visit is limited to two people per resident; each visitor must wear a mask.
- At the end of the visit a staff member will approach your seating area to alert you to the end of the session.
- One additional caution: If, after a visit with your loved one, you experience COVID-19-related symptoms or test positive, please let us know immediately so that we can appropriately monitor and care for your loved one.
- The safety of your loved one is our primary concern; failure to follow physical distancing guidelines may limit your ability to visit.
- To schedule your visit, click the button below. Please note that the online calendar system may not work with Internet Explorer. If you are using that browser, copy the link you see in the browser the button opens and paste into another browser, such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
- Important: Please print this form, sign it and bring it to your visit. Please give it to our staff member.