Why Choose Diakon?
There are numerous foster care and adoption organizations. We believe the reasons below are why you should select Diakon Adoption & Foster Care ...
Diakon has been serving children and youths for 150 years.
- Diakon’s long history underscores our commitment to making a difference in the lives of at-risk children and youths.
- We adapt our services to meet changing needs.
- Adaptability invites innovation: We were one of the first adoption agencies in the country to focus exclusively on the placement of children with special needs—and one of the first in the region to offer foster-to-adopt services.
Diakon has a high staff-retention rate.
- Our team members have longstanding relationships with families.
- Nearly 98% of our families say they’d turn to Diakon again.
- Longevity means our staff is experienced in helping families navigate the foster care and adoption systems, often making the journey easier.
- 92.2% of our foster placements experience no disruption.
- Many of our team members have fostered or adopted themselves—testimony to their dedication and commitment to children and youths.
Diakon offers a range of services to meet varying needs.
- Our services are focused on meeting your and your family’s individual needs—and include:
- Family recruitment and training
- Foster care
- Child profiles and preparation
- Adoption placement and finalization
- Post-permanency services
- Child-specific recruitment and family finding
- Pregnancy services
- Adoption search services
- We have extensive collaborative relationships with county agencies and other service providers—which means we receive a high number of referrals of children and youths who need foster care. Plus, we can quickly connect families with needed resources if we don’t offer them ourselves.
Perhaps the most important reason for choosing Diakon: We are completely committed to your success!
We offer comprehensive family-focused programs including support groups for families in various stages of the process—and even a unique sibling-training group that prepares children already living in resource homes for the addition of a child or youth to their family.
These are just a few aspects of the Diakon difference! We invite you to learn more. Contact us today.
The children’s homes from which we arose ...