Diakon Lutheran Social Ministries is deeply proud of its assurances including our “benevolent care mission.” In fact, Diakon provides more than $1.5 million a month in benevolent care.
Diakon Senior Living Services Benevolent Care Endowments
Diakon’s benevolent care mission ensures that residents who have exhausted their financial resources through circumstances beyond their control or whose cost of care exceeds reimbursement are able to receive continued housing, care and support services for the rest of their lives within our senior living communities. With our Many Hands acting as One Heart, Diakon continues to care for our older neighbors through acts of service.
This type of benevolent care is offered at Diakon’s numerous senior living communities in central and eastern Pennsylvania. More information about those communities can be found on the Diakon Senior Living Services website.
Benevolent Care within Diakon Child, Family & Community Ministries
While some of our services for children and families receive funding from referral sources such as county children and youth offices or medical assistance programs, we would not be able to help many individuals and families without your support.
Gifts to these programs, as well as annual subsidy from the Diakon Lutheran Fund, allow them to serve people who cannot pay the full cost of service but for whom there are no or few other options. Your gifts to Diakon Child, Family & Community Ministries programs, as well as the Diakon Lutheran Fund, support:
- Sliding-fee scale for counseling clients.
- Services designed to help children and youth transition successfully into foster or adoptive families—or return to their birth home or relatives after a placement.
- Operations of the unique Diakon Wilderness Center, whose programs help to put at-risk youth on the path to success in life.
- Community programming for older adults.
- Educational scholarships for young people served by a Diakon program.
- Transitional, educational and accountability services for at-risk youth and young adults.
We invite—and need—your support for our benevolent care. You, too, can help to ensure our benevolent care mission.