Student Assistance Training
Diakon Family Life Services extends its impact on the community by offering Student Assistance Program training. This type of training is helpful to ...
- Schools that would like to have additional trained personnel on their current SAP team
- Anyone working with an SAP team, whether in the school or from an outside organization
Diakon Family Life Services’ SAP training includes:
- Theories and concepts necessary for effective SAP team functioning
- Training on state SAP guidelines
- Information on age-appropriate development, mental health, substance abuse, and resilience
- Guidelines on local, regional and state resources
Training is offered over three days per cycle. Held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., training classes are held at:
BLaST IU 17
2400 Reach Road
Williamsport, PA 17701
View details and register online by clicking on the dates below:
- SAP Training - March 9,10 & 16, 2021
*Registration deadline: March 1, 2021
- SAP Training - September 14,15 & 21, 2021
*Registration deadline: September 7, 2021
- SAP Training - November 9,10 & 16, 2021
*Registration deadline: November 1, 2020
- SAP Training - March 8,9 & 15, 2022
*Registration deadline: February 28, 2022
Payment must be made by the deadline for a participant to be registered for the training. Only credit card payments will be accepted.
*Absolutely no registrations accepted past the designated registration deadlines.
For more information on SAP training, please contact:
Michelle McElwee, LCSW, Clinical Director
Phone: (570) 322-7873
Act 48 Credits
Act 48 credits are available for SAP training. Upon completion of training and all necessary homework, 21 credits are issued.
SAP team maintenance days are designed to help individual teams update knowledge and enhance team members’ functioning. Maintenance days are custom-designed for your team and can include topics of your choice. They can be held at your site for half- or full-day events.
Examples of training topics include ...
- Mental health/ATOD issues:
- Stress management
- Substance abuse
- Grief and loss
- Risk and resiliency
- Social/emotional concerns:
- Gang-related behaviors
- Family issues
- Conflict resolution
- General SAP:
- SAP updates
- Laws and regulations
- Governing policies and procedures
- Developmental issues
Based at this location:
Williamsport, PA 17701
Phone: (570) 747-0120
Fax: (570) 322-8026