Independent Living Criteria
- Assess the needs of each youth individually to determine the nature and scope of intervention necessary to eliminate deficits in independent living skill areas.
- Provide one-on-one individualized support in building independent living skills in the areas of daily living, educational planning, interpersonal relationships, health and wellness, housing and money management.
- Enhance learning and personal growth opportunities through the development of a supportive relationship with youth, providing guidance and mentoring.
- Promote experiential learning in the delivery of independent living services through the use of real-life activities whenever possible, demonstrating the connection between a learned skill and its application in the adult world.
- Incorporate best practices in delivering independent living
skills training in the home, school and community.