Meals on Wheels
Important update: Meals on Wheels continues to operate during the current COVID-19 emergency. Any adult 60 years of age and older in Schuylkill County who wishes to have Meals on Wheels should call 570-624-3016.
Meals on Wheels is the driving force behind nutritional and wellness support for older adults in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania.
The Meals on Wheels program provides nutritious hot and cold noon-time meals to homebound individuals. The program not only provides short-term assistance to individuals recuperating from surgery or illness, but also offers long-term service for those who qualify.
- Provides one-third of the Recommended Daily Allowance of nutritional needs for participants
- Fosters well-being and safety
- Enables conversation between participants and Meals on Wheels volunteers
- Helps older adults to remain independent in their homes
Participant assessment is completed by the Schuylkill County Office of Senior Services, through which the program is contracted and partially funded.
Meals on Wheels is literally driven by volunteers who deliver meals to 300 county residents each week. If you believe you can support your neighbors in need this way, please consider volunteering. See our volunteer page for more information including various important documents; additional Meals on Wheels forms are found immediately below.
Meals on Wheels Forms:
- Meals on Wheels Volunteer Handbook
- Meals on Wheels Drive Job Description
- Meals on Wheels Operation Reach Out Job Description
- Operation Reach Out Volunteer Handbook
Meals on Wheels
Diakon Community Services
118 South Centre Street, Pottsville, PA 17901
Contact: MealsonWheels@diakon.org | Phone: (570) 624-3010 | Toll-free: 1-800-621-6325