Know how to do a craft and would love to share your interest with others?
Understand the workings of a computer and can teach those less technology-inclined?
Want to help those in need?
If so, Diakon Community Services has extensive opportunities for you to volunteer. In fact, our volunteers have an amazing impact on the region each year. In 2019, for example, volunteers with Diakon Community Services gave more than 20,000 hours of service to aid their neighbors in need.
We hope you will consider adding to that number. Various volunteer-related documents are linked below.
Volunteer opportunities include but are not limited to ...
- Leading a class for active older adults
- Packaging and delivering meals on wheels
- Providing assistance at a community food pantry or other organization
- Transporting clients who no longer drive to medical appointments or to shop for groceries
- Offering service in a local senior community center
- Counseling clients on Medicare and health-insurance-related matters
- And much more!
Each program page has information on specific volunteer needs:
Please feel free to contact any of these locations for varying opportunities to volunteer.
For general questions about volunteering or needs, or to convey your interests, please contact Volunteer Coordinator Kathi Conahan-Baltzelle at (570) 624-3013. All other inquiries can be directed to (570) 624-3010 or 1-800-621-6325.
Thank you for making a difference in the community and region!